Our soul winning passage from the Word of God today is Romans 3:23 which reads: “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”
Our soul winning quote today is from Edward Welch. He said: “‘Sinner’ is a present-tense description of everyone, including those who have put their faith in Christ. Of course, those who have called Jesus ‘Lord’ are justified, meaning that they are no longer guilty. Also, they have been given the Spirit, which makes them slaves to Christ rather than to sin. But we all are sinners. Perfection awaits eternity.”
Our soul winning devotional is part 101 of our series titled “What Evangelism Is” from Dave Earley and David Wheeler.
Sample Methods of Sharing Your Faith (Part 1)
The Romans Road to Salvation
The Romans Road to Salvation is a way of explaining the good news of salvation using verses from the book of Romans. It is a simple yet powerful method of explaining why we need salvation, how God provided salvation, how we can receive salvation, and what are the results of salvation.
1. Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God”.
2. Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord”. The punishment that we have earned for our sins is death. Not just physical death but eternal death!
3. Romans 5:8: “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
4. Romans 10:9,13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved”.
5. Romans 5:1; 8:1; 8:38–39: “Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ”. “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit”. “For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”