1. Heavy explosions and gunfire rocked the capital of South Sudan on Monday, as the world’s youngest nation hovered on the brink of a return to all-out civil war.
2. Two strong earthquakes shook the northwestern coastal area of Ecuador on Sunday night, the latest aftershocks from a powerful tremor that killed hundreds of people in April.
3. Egypt placed itself firmly in the middle of the diplomatic process between Israel and the Palestinians on Sunday, as Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry arrived in Jerusalem and said before meeting Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that the Egyptian leadership is “serious” in its determination to “provide all possible forms of support” toward achieving the goal of a two-state solution.
4. Beijing has begun military drills in the South China Sea ahead of a ruling by an international arbitration court on a dispute with the Philippines over the strategic waters.
5. South Korea and the United States said they would deploy an advanced missile defence system in South Korea to counter a threat from North Korea, drawing a sharp and swift protest from neighbouring China.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Jeremiah 3:11-15.
Our second coming quote for today is from James L. Melton. He said, “The First Coming gave Jesus Christ to the world, but the Second Coming will give the world to Jesus Christ! Just as David was chosen to be the king of Israel many years before he actually received the kingdom, the Lord Jesus Christ has been chosen to take over the kingdoms of this world and rule as God’s ‘KING OF KINGS.’”