What do you do when the feelings, emotions and hurts of your childhood refuse to go unaddressed for another minute? What do you do when the thoughts in your head about yourself do not agree with what God says about you? What do you do when you realize your childbearing years are behind you, but the desire to mother a child is still deep within you?
We dig into these topics and so much more today with Lisa Harper. Lisa is an intentional single mother of 8-year-old Missy who she adopted from Haiti when Lisa was 50 and Missy was 5. She’s a writer and Bible teacher with a beautiful vocabulary, and she is hilarious!
Listen in to hear how God walked with Lisa and held her close as she dealt with the pain she stuffed away for over 20 years. You’ll also hear Missy’s adoption story and how God has brought healing and hope to a village in Haiti through Missy’s testimony. Lisa shares that God wants us to be happy and that there are steps we can take to make happiness a reality in our lives – even in the midst of struggles.
If you need practical steps to get rid of shame and walking in happiness, this is the episode for you. Lisa is full of wisdom and wit and you’ll want to listen to more than once.
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
- Lisa’s testimony of healing and restoration from years of abuse
- Three practical steps to get rid of shame and guilt in your life
- How to walk in gratitude and embrace biblical happiness
Resources From Today’s Show
- She’s Still There by Chrystal Hurst
- The Sacrament of Happy by Lisa Harper
- Find Lisa Harper on her website , Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
- Check out the C25K app.
==> Click to Tweet
- God wanted me to see that the key to my prison door was inside my cell the entire time. Lisa Harper
- Pain is information. You have to choose whether or not you will pay attention to your pain. Chrystal Hurst
- You will always run in the wrong direction when you don’t find joy and contentment in Christ. Lisa Harper
- Don’t let the disappointment of unmet desires stop you from living your life for Christ. Chrystal Hurst
- Frisk your thoughts. Get your butt out of the rut. Develop the sacrament of gratitude. Lisa Harper
- God is always moving toward us with a smile. Lisa Harper
- Happiness is not a personality type – happiness is available to everyone. Lisa Harper
- Heal your trauma, don’t embrace drama. Lisa Harper
- I want everything that God has for me. I don’t want to miss anything! Lisa Harper
==> General Links
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Did you miss last week’s She’s Still There Story with Mandisa Hundley, Check it out here!
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- What emotions have you allowed to go unaddressed?
- What feelings in your heart or thoughts in your head do you need to redirect? What is one practical way you could do that?
- What does walking in biblical happiness look like for you?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in do the same on the podcast!